Enjoy our mega-mix preview of 2017 performers!
- Triangulum: Real Nice Guy (Sun 16)
- Rucyl: Breaking Character (Art Installation, Artist Talk & Solo Performance Sat 15)
- Dialtones: Object Collage (performance with Nightblooms Sun 16)
- A/B Duo: Isla (Sat 15 and Sun 16)
- Karla Manzur [Nightblooms]: Alfonsina y el Mar (performance with Dialtones Sun 16)
- Terraformation: Sundrenched (full band Sat 15 and as a duo Sun 16)
- Ingebrigt Håker Flaten: Steel pt. 4 (performing w/ C. Spencer Yeh Sat 15)
- A/B Duo: Limb (Sat 15 and Sun 16)
- C. Spencer Yeh w/ Okkyung Lee & Lasse Marhaug: The Mermaids of Extended Technique (Yeh Solo Quadrophonic set Fri 14 + performing with Ingebrigt Håker Flaten Sat 15)
- Rucyl: End Point in a Circle (Art Installation, Artist Talk & Solo Performance Sat 15)
- Slant Ensemble: Laguna for Violin [composed by Alan Retamozo & performed by Cristabel Lin] (Sat 15)
- Zentrum: Golden Afternoon in Transit (Sat 15)
- EFCA Trio [Carl Smith]: Sunflower by Yusef Lateef (performing with Sarah Ann Sat 15)
- Sarah Ann: Pharas Improv (performing with Carl Smith Sat 15)
- Maryanne Amacher: Living Sound, 1980 (Dr. Amy Cimini discussion and demonstration of Amacher’s work Fri 14 & Sat 15)
- The Mineral Kingdom: Civil Disobedience is Civil Defense (Sat 15)
- Grageriart: Entry 01 in the Grageriart Audio Catalog (Sun 16)
- PetCatMan: 36 (Sat 15)
- Burning Star Core: Benjamin [C Spencer Yeh](Solo Quadrophonic set Fri 14 + performing with Ingebrigt Håker Flaten Sat 15)
- Art Acevedo: We’re in this Together (Sun 16)
- Space Angel Hug: MMMMMM’s (Fri 14)
- Burnt Dot: Predator [Sarah Belle Reid + Ryan Gaston] (solo Fri 14, music workshop Sat 15 Burnt Dot w/Meason Wiley Sun 16)
- Alex Keller + Sean O’Neill: Kruos pt. 1 (Fri 14)
- Sarah Belle Reid: The Doll Aged [solo amplified trumpet](solo Fri 14, music workshop Sat 15 Burnt Dot w/Meason Wiley Sun 16)
- Shefield/Rippie: Variations for Viola (Fri 14)
- OMMMG [Lisa Cameron]: Live at COTFG Daughter of Ladyfriends 2015 (Sat 15)
- Mineral Kingdom: Wuthering Heights [Kate Bush] (Sat 15)
Enjoy our YouTube playlist of past NMASS performances. Click here to view this playlist on YouTube.
Just a selection of things folks have been saying about us…
Detroit based art historian, independent curator and performer Robin K Williams writes about the ATX experimental music scene, with a shout out to NMASS. Check out what our friends are up to!
Statesman preview for NMASS 2014 an and interview with COTFG AD George P and 2014 headliner J. G. Thirwell.
“Non-profit arts organization Church of the Friendly Ghost has taken up the left-of-center curatorial torch and is lighting the way for interesting art, music, and dance presentations.”